In the potato goodness corner, we shall look at how to prepare Dinner Home Fries.
- 7 large potatoes
- One large onion
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly Ground black pepper
- Cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Place them in a pot and cover with hot water to a level slightly above them.
- Boil the potatoes until they get tender but don’t overcook to avoid crushing
- Drain all the water from the cooked potatoes. While still in the pot, add salt to taste, chopped rosemary and the pepper. Then leave the potatoes aside for a while.
- Slice the onions to your desired sizes.
- Heat a pan, and add the cooking oil.
- Add the sliced onions and immediately add salt to taste.
- Keep stirring the onions but ensure they do not turn brown.
- Once the onions have stopped being crunchy remove them from the heat and pour them into a separate bowl.
- Using the same pan that cooked the onions (to retain the flavor), add a tablespoon of margarine or oil.
- Add your potatoes to the pan in a single layer and cook for a minute on each side, add the cooked onions and mix. Remove from the heat and serve while hot with your desired stew or salad.