The NPCK Strategic Plan is anchored on six objectives:
1. To contribute in creating an enabling environment for effective and efficient potato value chains for growth and development of a self-regulating potato industry.
2. To help build a cohesive potato industry in order to promote synergies and minimize duplication for efficient use of resources through enhanced public private partnership
3. To promote best practices for quality standards, improved yields and enhanced value addition in order to thrive in local, regional, and global markets.
4. To create a platform for information management and capacity building for the various potato value chain actors.
5. To mobilize and effectively manage resources for the growth and stability of the organization and prosperity of the industry.
6. To identify and mainstream crosscutting and emerging issues within the potato industry