TechnoServe is a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Read more
Kenya Potato Sub-sector Transformation Initiative funded by AGRA
Area of coverage
- Elgeyo Marakwet
October 2017 to April 2019
- Increased potato productivity for farmers
- Strengthened and expanded potato output markets for farmers
- Conduct needs assessment to identify opportunities and bottlenecks.
- Facilitate business development services (BDS) support and capacity building for potato value chain enterprises (seeds, inputs, buyers)
- Create linkages to structured markets for farmers.
- Develop and promote business cases for scaling e.g. cold storage facilities, contract farming
- Create linkages between seed companies, buyers, input providers and other SMEs with financial providers.