NPCK’S BUSINESS CHARTER
Click on the link to download a copy of the NPCK Business Charter. Download
The NPCK’s Business Charter highlights areas of business engagement with partners in potato subsector. The services provided by the Council aims at helping improve businesses for the actors, players and partners. The services include:
- Dissemination of sub sector information through NPCK website, Monthly newsletter and biannual Potato Kenya Magazine.
- Advertisement of products and services through NPCK website and Viazi Soko SMSs.
- Organize annual National Potato Conference and Trade Fair and Trade fairs in the 13 Major Potato producing Counties which will facilitate business to business engagement, networking, information sharing and learning of new technologies and innovations.
- Facilitate development of standardized branded seed and ware potato packaging bags for use by farmers and traders. This will help improve the quality of seed and ware potatoes marketed and help establish Traceability. The move will also help Council obtain income to be used for its operations and sustainability.
- Develop or facilitate market linkages between ware potato farmers and the market outlets, and between seed producers and ware potato farmers. This will help improve business for processors and other market outlet and create business opportunities for financial institutions and other input and service providers. The NPCK will get a small commission for this organization which will help in sustainability.
- Establish private seed inspectorate services. The NPCK will have seed inspectors in the 13 major potato producing counties who are trained by KEPHIS and gazetted, to help undertake the certification process. This will contribute to improved timeliness for seed inspections and attract more investment in seed value chain leading to increased production, and use of high quality seed potato and other planting materials.
- Organize regular stakeholder meetings and forums for engagement, solution search, networking, and businesses, learning and sharing information.
- Establish a Resource Centre and an ICT data and information platform forming a reference point for all inclusive sub sector information which is easily accessible.
- The NPCK will increase and improve services to the members through structured membership that allows engagement at different levels. Membership will be categorized into four levels that will qualify for different levels of services and different discounts for services. The four categories, namely Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze, will be offered corresponding services and privileges.
The four NPCK Membership Categories (Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze)
A platinum member will pay annual subscription of Kshs 500,000.The non-competing categories along the potato value chain, that is, seed producers, fertilizer companies, agrochemical companies, financial institutions, insurance companies and others will each have a maximum of two platinum members.
Platinum members will have the following entitlements:
- All the benefits of an ordinary member
- Have company logos appearing in all NPCK publications and communication channels such as website, Potato variety catalogue, Potato magazine, fliers/brochures
- One free full page for advertisement in all NPCK publications and communication channels such as website, Potato variety catalogue and Potato magazine
- Free sizeable space for exhibition and showcasing during National Potato Conference and the three Regional potato fairs
- Priority given to the company as the sole sponsors of any potato event
- 25% discount on amount payable for Bulk SMS used to disseminate information to the farmers registered in Viazi soko platform
- Members will have access to NPCK database with all sub sector statistic, information, publication and innovations. This excludes personalized data and brand information
A Gold member will pay annual subscription of Kshs 100,000.
This is a premium level membership with the following entitlements:
- All the benefits of an ordinary member
- Have their logos appearing on all NPCK publications and communication channels, such as website, Potato variety catalogue, Potato Guardian and fliers/ brochures
- Receive 15% discount on any advertisement made through NPCK publications and communication channels such as website, Potato Variety catalogue and Potato Guardian
- Receive 15% discount on fees charged for exhibition and showcasing during National and County trade fairs
- Members will have access to NPCK database with all subsector statistics, information, publications & innovation. This excludes personalized data and brand information
A Silver member will pay annual subscription of Kshs 50,000.
This is a medium level membership with the following entitlements:
- All the benefits of an ordinary member Have their logo appear on NPCK website
- Receive 10% discount on advertisement made through NPCK publications and communication channels, such as website, Potato variety catalogue and Potato Guardian
- Receive 10% discount on fees charged for exhibition and showcasing during National and County trade fairs
A Bronze member will pay Ksh 20,000. (see application form).
This is an ordinary level membership with the following entitlements:
- Assistance in input sourcing, marketing and linkages Attend subsector meetings
- Access general sub sector information
- Forward business challenges for solution search
Please pay by cheque, bank transfer or deposit money to the following Account: Name: National Potato Council of Kenya, Bank and branch: Bank Name-NCBA Bank Account Number-2726570057 Branch-ABC Branch Routing Code instead of swift code-07000