Potato flour: It can be used as an ingredient for soup thickener and even baking purposes.
- Simply peel the potatoes,
- wash, cook and then mash them.
- Spread the paste out on a dehydrator for 12 to 20 hours.
- Then run them through a blender to crush into fine powder or use a pestle and mortar.
- Store the flour in an airtight container to avoid absorbing moisture.
- To produce one kilo of flour, one needs around four kilos of ware potatoes.
- The flour can be used in baking cakes, cookies and other types of snacks.
- During baking, a little wheat flour should be added to enhance water absorption as it forms the dough for baking.
- Image source: https://www.realfoods.co.uk/shop?search=potato%20flour
References: – https://www.realfoods.co.uk/article/how-to-make-your-own-potato-flour
Written by: Milkah Kimani, Finance NPCK