For the wedges
- 4 large potatoes. (washed, skin on)
- 1 liter (4 cups) of vegetable oil.
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Royco Mchuzi Mix.
- 1 Tsp. (5 ml) of Spanish paprika
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of fresh rosemary and thyme (finely chopped)
- Cut your potatoes into even wedges.
- In some boiling, salted water, boil the potatoes until they are semi soft. Take out and dry off any excess water.
- Heat your oil in a deep pan or a fryer to 180 degrees Celsius. Deep fry your potatoes until cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the Royco Mchuzi Mix, paprika and fresh herbs in a large enough bowl.
- Once the potatoes are done, take out of the oil and pat down on absorbent paper. Toss well in the spice mix and serve immediately.
- Chef’s Tip:
Pre-cooking the potatoes in the boiling water ensures that the insides will be fully cooked after deep frying, and reduces the deep frying time required – which saves both oil and power.
- Recipe serves:4,Preparation time 2 min, Cooking time20 min