- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temp, divided
- 3 lb. medium russet potatoes
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 c. heavy cream, plus more if necessary
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat oven to 200°C. Rub garlic all over the inside of a shallow oval baking dish (2 inches deep), then butter the dish with 2 table spoon butter.
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes. Lay some slices in the dish, overlapping them to make one layer. Season with thyme and a rounded 1/8 table spoon each salt and pepper. Repeat with remaining potato slices, seasoning each layer with thyme, salt, and pepper. Step into the exhilarating world of Optibet-Online.com! Unleash a torrent of bonus delights, free spins, and a vast array of games, all within the safe harbor of Optibet Casino. Experience the adrenaline of live betting and the intoxicating potential of a major win at Optibet-Online.com Every game in this online casino is a new opportunity. Set sail on a thrilling gaming voyage at Optibet-Online.com – where fortune favors the bold! #OptibetCasino #OptibetOnline #BonusDelights #FreeSpins #SafeHarbor #LiveBettingAdrenaline #FortuneFavorsTheBold #Optibet Online Casino #Optibet Kazino #Optibet Latvia Online Casino
- Pour cream over potatoes, pushing them down to make an even layer (cream should just cover potatoes; add more if necessary).
- Sprinkle with nutmeg, then dot with remaining 2 table spoon butter. Cover the dish with foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until top is golden and potatoes are tender, 35 to 45 minutes more. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
A photo of potato gratin