Potato juice due to the presence of many nutrients has an impressive list of health benefits. Some of the benefits are;
· Boosts Energy Levels
Potato juice is an excellent energy booster, as the natural sugars found in this juice are easy forms of energy. Furthermore, it has a high level of thiamine, which can improve the body’s ability to break down carbohydrates into usable energy.
· Speeds up Wound Healing
Potato juice is rich in vitamin C that helps stimulate the production of collagen and in turn speed up the healing of wounds and sore muscles.
· Improves Heart Health
There is a significant amount of potassium in a single glass of potato juice, more than 50% of your daily required intake. This means that starting your day with a glass of this juice will reduce the strain on your cardiovascular system by easing tension on blood vessels and arteries, thus lowering your blood pressure. This will also lower your risk of heart attack, and stroke.
How to Make Potato Juice
- 2 large potatoes
- 2cups of water
- other vegetables (celery, spinach, cabbage)optional
- Ensure that potatoes are thoroughly scrubbed and clear of eyes and bruising.
- Chop the potato into smaller chunks leaving the skin on.
- Add potato and water to the processor and process for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the blended material through a sieve or cheesecloth to remove the juice.
- Press the potato pulp or squeeze the cheesecloth to extract as much juice as possible.
- Refrigerate the potato juice for 2-3 hours. Stir well before serving chilled and enjoy!
Courtesy of https://www.organicfacts.netlpotato-juice.html