In the potato goodness corner, we shall look at how to prepare Potato Lollipops. This is quick light and delicious snacks for your family.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 table spoonful of salt
- Chopped onions
- Chopped chillies or Black Pepper
- Grounded coriander seeds (roasted and crushed)
- 2 fresh lemon fruits
- Ginger and garlic
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- Tooth picks
- 200grms of flour
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the potatoes and boil them until well cooked to make it easy when mashing.
- Add the chopped onions, grounded coriander seeds and chillies/black pepper to the grated potatoes.
- Squeeze lemon juice from the lemons and add it the grated potatoes.
- Crush ginger and garlic and add the paste to potatoes.
- Scoop 4 spoons of refined floor and add it the mixture followed by the bread crumbs.
- Mix everything together.
- Scoop lemon sized mixture and roll them nicely on your hands into round balls.
- Mix water with the refined floor to form a thick paste.
- Place the potato balls in the thick paste and ensure it is fully covered.
- Pour the breadcrumbs in a bowl, place the balls covered with the paste on the crumbs, and roll them until fully covered.
- Fry them in hot oil until you achieve a golden brown color on all of them.
- Remove them from the oil and place them on a tray with serviettes below to absorb excess oil.
- Pin a toothpick on each one of them, remember these are the lollipops.
- Serve and enjoy.