In the potato goodness corner, we shall look at how to prepare Crispy Potato Wedges/Chips on a Frying pan. The first thing is to ensure you get the right type of potatoes, I. e one that does not mash easily when boiled. To get different varieties of potatoes one can refer to our 2019 potato variety catalogue https://npck.org/catalogue .
- 4 large potatoes
- Chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- Half tablespoon pepper
- A spoonful of margarine
- Clean the potatoes and cut into wedges/ chips with skin on.
- Boil them in salty water until they are cooked ¾ way.
- Drain them off and once again ensure they are not fully cooked.
- On a hot pan, start cooking the potatoes with little oil. The idea is to let the potatoes brown on the first side then slowly turn each piece.
- Add a small amount of margarine and quickly toss them.
- Season with pepper, dry herbs like rosemary and mix thoroughly.
Ref: Chef Raphael, serve with desired kachumbari as a snack or accompaniment.