In the potato goodness corner, we shall look at how to prepare Lyonnais Potatoes.
- 8 large potatoes
- 4 large onions
- 2 spoonful of margarine/butter
- Half table spoon of salt
- Wash and slice your potatoes.
- Clean and place them in a suitable pot.
- Add water and salt to the potato slices.
- Boil until they get cooked but crunchy when you bite.
- Drain off the water.
- Slice the onions. The more onions the better.
- Heat a pan with oil and add the sliced onions.
- Add salt to the onions, stir and allow cooking.
- Just before the onions start to brown, add the sliced potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Allow cooking until they start turning brown.
- Add margarine/butter for better results and wait for 5 minutes cooking as you stir evenly.
- Serve hot with your favorite meal.
Ref: Chef Raphael’s Recipes