In the potato goodness corner, we shall look at how to prepare Chicken Potato Soup. This is a quick and delicious soup for your family.
- Shredded chicken without bones
- 4 potatoes diced
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 a head of cabbage chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 teaspoons of salt more to taste
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- parsley for garnish
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- In a large pot add the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery. Sautee for 4 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Pour in chicken stock and add potatoes, cabbage, salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken and tomatoes, cook for an additional 5 to10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream then garnish with parsley.