This amazing starter recipe, honey chili potato, can be added to any party food menu. It is a Chinese dish and is liked by most people of all ages. Made with fried potatoes, honey and chili sauce, this snack is crunchy, flavorful and amazingly delicious.
Maize flour, Vinegar, honey, salt flour, Chili Powder, Whole Red Chilies, chili flakes, garlic, ginger, Tomato Sauce, Chili Sauce, Sesame Seeds, Spring Onions, and Potatoes.
1. Take two potatoes and cut them into slices in a bowl.
2. In the bowl add maize flour, salt and red chili powder,
3. Toss them well so that the mixture coats the sliced potatoes properly.
4. Now heat oil in a broad pan and deep fry the potatoes on medium flame till golden brown and crisp. Do not fry on high flame otherwise they will burn from outside and remain uncooked from inside.
5. In another pan dry roast the sesame seeds on low heat till light brown and keep aside.
6. For preparing honey chili sauce:
i. Heat oil and add garlic, ginger, whole red chilies, chili flakes and tomato sauce. Stir well.
ii. Now add chili sauce, vinegar, honey and salt. Mix all the ingredients well to make a sauce.
7. Add the fried potatoes and coat them well with the sauce.
8. Toss well and sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds and spring onions.
With roasted sesame seeds and spring onions
9. Combine the ingredients well and serve the crunchy honey chili potatoes immediately.
Crunchy chili potatoes