Honey Chili potato is a hugely popular Chinese dish, which is juicy, crunchy and full of flavor snack that you just cannot resist. A delicious pick for kids, the great taste of honey chili potatoes can be brought home in a few easy steps. Try this recipe and you’ll never head to those street stalls again!
Ingredients of Honey Chili Potatoes Recipe
For the potatoes:
- 2 peeled potatoes (sliced).
- 3-4 table spoons of corn flour or Maida.
- 1 tsp red chili powder.
- Oil (for deep frying).
For the base
- 1 table spoon of oil.
- Fried spring onions (with stalk).
- 1 table spoon of garlic paste.
- 1 sliced capsicum.
- 2 table spoons of honey.
- Salt to taste.
- 1/4 table spoon of soya sauce.
- 3 table spoons white sesame seeds.
- 2 table spoons of chili sauce.
How to Make Honey Chili Potatoes
Prepare the potatoes:
- In a bowl, add corn flour or Maida, salt and red chili powder.
- Add the sliced potatoes and mix well until the potatoes are coated.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the potatoes until golden. Keep aside.
Prepare the base:
- In a wok, add oil, garlic paste and spring onions. Sauté on high heat for 1 minute.
- Add capsicum, honey, salt, soya sauce, chili sauce. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the deep-fried potatoes and sesame seeds. Mix well and serve hot.
Photo credits: istockphoto.com/ALLEKO