NPCK’S BUSINESS CHARTER
The NPCK’s Revised Business Charter highlights the new areas of business engagement with partners in potato subsector. The new services provided by the Council will not only help improve businesses for the actors and partners but will also be a source of income that will help in sustainability of NPCK. The new services provided by the NPCK include:
- Dissemination of subsector information through NPCK website, Bi-weekly e-newsletter and biannual Potato Guardian magazine.
- Advertisement of products and services through NPCK website.
- Organize annual National Potato Conference and Trade Fair and Trade fairs in the 13 Major Potato producing Counties which will facilitate business to business engagement, networking, information sharing and learning of new technologies and innovations.
- Facilitate development of standardized branded seed and ware potato packaging bags for use by farmers and traders. This will help improve the quality of seed and ware potatoes marketed and help establish Traceability. The move will also help Council obtain income to be used for its operations and sustainability.
- Develop or facilitate market linkages between ware potato farmers and the market outlets, and between seed producers and ware potato farmers. This will help improve business for processors and other market outlet and create business opportunities for financial institutions and other input and service providers. The NPCK will get a small commission for this organization which will help in sustainability.
- Establish private seed inspectorate services. The NPCK will have seed inspectors in the 13 major potato producing counties who are trained by KEPHIS and gazette, to help undertake the certification process. This will contribute to improved timeliness for seed inspections and attract more investment in seed production leading to increased production, and use of high quality seed potato.
- Organize regular stakeholder meetings and forums for engagement, solution search, networking, businesses, learning and sharing information.
- Establish a Resource Centre and an ICT platform forming a reference point for all inclusive subsector information which is easily accessible.
- The NPCK will increase and improve services to the members through structured membership that allows engagement at different levels. Membership will be categorized into three levels that will qualify for different levels of services and different discounts for services. The three categories, namely Gold, Silver and Bronze, will have differences in services offered but not difference in voting power.
The Three NPCK Membership Categories are: Gold, Silver and Bronze
A Gold member will pay annual subscription of Kshs 100,000. This is a premium level membership with the following entitlements:
- All the benefits of an ordinary member
- Have their logos appearing on all NPCK publications and communication channels, such as website, Potato variety catalogue, Potato Guardian and fliers/ brochures
- Receive 15% discount on any advertisement made through NPCK publications and communication channels such as website, Potato Variety catalogue and Potato Guardian
- Receive 15% discount on fees charged for exhibition and showcasing during National and County trade fairs
- Members will have access to NPCK database with all subsector statistics, information, publications & innovations
A Silver member will pay annual subscription of Kshs 50,000. This isa medium level membership with the following entitlements:
- All the benefits of an ordinary member
- Have their logo appear on NPCK website
- Receive 10% discount on advertisement made through NPCK publications and communication channels,such as website, Potato variety catalogue and Potato Guardian
- Receive 10% discount on fees charged for exhibition and showcasing during Nationaland Countytrade fairs
A Bronze member will pay a maximum of Kshs 20,000 (see application form). This is an ordinary level membershipwith the following entitlements:
- Assistance in input sourcing, marketing and linkages
- Attend subsector meetings
- Access general subsector information
- Forward business challenges for solution search
Please pay by cheque, bank transfer or deposit money to the following Account:
Name: National Potato Council of Kenya
Bank and branch: NIC Bank, ABC Branch
Account No: 1001574287, Swiftcode: NINCKENA
To be a member of NPCK, click on the link below to download the membership form,fill and send back to us through email@example.com